Thread: Head mesh
View Single Post
# 10 31-03-2010 , 02:59 AM
[@GecT : Is that displacement or bump?...]

Its Brownian 3D so its displacement. I really need to lighten it but at the same time I want to let the viewer that little bit of texture in the skin because it makes it a bit more realistic.

Not happy with the eyes still. I think I'll change the reflection map image to get that little bit more reflection. I think the cornea is a bit light - I might darken the ambience a shade. The eyes need just that little bit more work to be realistic. There is no "eye puff" - you know that double layer just above the eye. The eye edges need more work especially the eye brows, The eyebrows need to be a little bit thicker. What do you think if I use PaintFX? Or I need to add a bump map for the eyebrows...

If I can get my eyes and skin to pass the quality test, I think I'll be almost there. I will then work on the lips which I hope you all can give me pointers and tips!

[@GecT : SSS way too strong, a bit weird to see it on the neck...]

Thanks, Genny. I'll tweak it a bit or move the lighting :-)

[@hammer.horror : and eyes with Maya's misss_fast_skin]

Yup, you can get good results :-) ...read the lamrug tut.

[@ctbram : ...I can't see a neck, all I see is a silhouetted partial front of the face, from the middle of the left cheek and from the middle of the forehead the just below the lower lip...]

ctbram, are you sure you can't see a neck and you're only seeing silhouttes? I don't seem to have a problem with the other commenters but if you calibrated your monitor recently, maybe its mine that's off. That's bad because I don't want to be doing a whole lot of colour adjustments when I send it off for processing to a PP lab later,

P.S. >> On second look, the lips are not at their correct position. I need to retouch it from front view and rotate but I'm stuck to this angle because I'm working from an exported image in Photoshop CS3! (wish...wish...I could get CS4 Extended with the new 3D tools !!! :-) )

Thank you all for your comments!