Thread: Matte Paintings
View Single Post
# 7 30-03-2010 , 09:35 PM
Subscriber
Thanks everyone. I cropped them from PS screengrabs, so I guess theyre about 600 approx pixels wide, down from 4000 ish actual size.

Im kind of glad you mention the second one Genny, the first one was my favourite, I spent alot of time working on the concept and reworking it after having it critiqued alot, but the second one came from a concept I knocked out in about 5 minutes and it didnt take me long to go striaght into the final piece, so I felt a little bit like the first matte was a 'proper' project, whereas the second was a bit more, I dont know, rushed? DO you know what I mean? But I stuck them both in an album on my Facebook page, and that one (the second one) got a couple of comments, so, it seems from everyone Ive shown, that is the preferred one.

Thats also the one Im going to be trying a camera move on. Just going to do a simple 5 second dolly into the picture, but the idea is to have some snow falling too. So its all about to get very complicated for me. We are learning how to do it the 2.5d way, and the 3d way, using after effects and nuke, neither of which Ive used before, not to mention I dont really know how to project textures in Maya or create, render and animate snow. Gonna be a testing last 3 weeks, but Ive got a little bit of time off work which should help a little bit. Thankyou all again for your comments. Will probably be back soon to bug for help on particles!:hug: