View Single Post
# 1 13-05-2007 , 02:27 AM

Multiple problems (white screen, flickers with paint effects, cursors leave ghosts)

Whenever I go to another window (or another subwindow of Maya), my viewports turn white until I interact with one again. This wasn't too much of a problem until recently.

user added image

I started learning Paint Effects, and decided to give them a try. However, when using 3D Paint Effects if I move my cursor over something that's paintable, it flickers white every frame you move and doesn't remove the previous cursor, which means it leaves red streaks and flickers every frame, basically.

For example, the below picture was tediously done. It made me tired because it flickered enough to cause a seizure or something. NOtice that every single circle is a cursor, not a paint effect.

user added image

This is Maya 8.0. My computer's specs are...
MoBo: Asus® A8N SLI Deluxe - NVIDIA® nForce™ 4 SLI MCP, PCI Express Motherboard with DDR

AMD Processor: AMD® Athlon™ 64 4000+ Processor, 939-pin (I...think it's 2.4GHz)

DDR Memory: 2048MB PC3200 DDR400 Memory (4x512)

PCX Video: 2 x 256MB eVGA™ NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7800 GTX in SLI

2 x 120GB Western Digital WD1200JD 7200rpm SATA/150, 8MB Cache - RAID 0 Stripe (240GB Total)

I am running on Windows Vista, but even when I was on Windows XP the same thing happened. Any ideas?