View Single Post
# 2 15-12-2002 , 09:05 AM
Subscriber
Well, it's 4:00 in the morning and I feel like singing a beetles tune, but I figured out the grid parameters in REAL english :o)

I now have :

Length and Width > 1000
Grid Lines Every > 10 Units
Subdivisions > 10

and various colours (Yep, I'm Canadian .. it's Colour, not color <grin>)

Anyway, the Length and Width is for how large the grid is: In my case under preferences I have set my linear mesurement to be feet, so given my length and width setting of 1000 my grid is 1000 * 1000 feet in size. Grid Lines Every ?? Units is how many units before another grid line, so given my setting of 10 I get a major grid line every 10 feet. Subdivisions is how you want your Grid Lines Every ?? Parameter to be cut up, so given my setting of 10 I get 10 cuts of subdivision lines between my major grid lines that are every 10 feet, or to be more exact, I get a subdivision line every 1 foot and a Grid Line every 10 feet.

Now, I know this is quite basic, but it sure as heck is not explained that simple in the documentation :o)

Anyway, it would still be cool if others had examples of how their grids were setup and when used and when changed etc. etc. and how they perform accurate measurements of everything if doing precise modeling.

Cheers,

Don.