View Single Post
# 68 28-04-2003 , 08:51 PM
Subscriber
PAPA if you'd like i can teach you the ONLY mel i know. Learned this from Mike M's Tornado Tut. If you'd like the logo to JUST ROTATE (or rotated in addition to other motion, you can tell it to rotate along any access by rotations per frame i think. Here is the code

OBJECTNAME.rotateY = frame* 10

Replace object name with the object's name, and play with the number at the end until you get the right speed. This work in any direction, but logo's often spin around "Y" axis

I think i will do some cool sprites(is a sprite a partice that uses an Image file for its color?) for you're weapons. I'll just make a bunch and you can pick. They don't take long. Hopefully Twisted will post all the stuff he does right when he does so we don't have tommany repeats *nudge nudge*.

)v( its a 2d game. He wants to be using 3d images for it. He has photoshop so basically ANY format you want. Anything with transparency should be in TGA or PSD for convinience so we don't have to use to images per(RGB, and Alpha).

Can the HUD be graphical? um thats a weird question, and maybe i'm misunderstanding but thats all he needs. Some neato images for the HUD, and he can take care of all the coding. I tried and i Lose. But if you like you could download ny PSD for the HUD (located a few posts back) and just work from there. He said it doesn't matter the layout because he can tweak all of that. He seems to be a QUITE impressive coder: He just finished the block of code for reading AVIs!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2