View Single Post
# 7 02-11-2004 , 01:25 AM
I dont know what some of you peopel are on.. but its not photprealistic at all. Granted it has the potention but ive seen cars with lights on all sides of them freshy polished that didnt have a shine like that...

* The road looks blatantly fake. The color, texture, everything. I'de say it should be completely redone.

* The reflections are WAY too high.

*Black isnt the best color to use for a car especially to show it off ass the only detail you can see is on highlights. To get a better idea of what the car looks like may i suggest a yellow to get decent details to show.

*The headlights look weird, not sure where but something. Maybe a different angle shot.

Why its not photorealistic:
The things that jump at me as soon as i look at it, the hood looks fake, too diffuse, bland, something doesnt seem right.

Its only reflecting light, not anything else. If a car is so shiny that it reflects every light around... how come i cant see the horizon or the roads reflection in it?(yes you can see some, but they arent distorted enough or reflected correctly IMO) You can see what look slike a tree in the reflection... but you only see a road, and the reflection orientation of the tree looks like it should be practically above the car...

The back side panel behind the drivers side window looks wrong. Like no light at all is touching it. How?

The car looks like it was rendered with a toonshader(i think the black texture causes this mostly)

NO im NOT saying this was bad, i think its a very good model from what i can see, and this happends to be one of my favourite cars from my favourite maker. However if the texture problems are fixed it would be remarkably better. Dont mean to offend, but right now i disagree with photoquality. And not gallery either IMO.

***** the shadows. They dont blend correctly, too uniform.