View Single Post
# 13 12-05-2006 , 08:18 AM

Originally posted by robinthebest

Also...why are the video-tutorials at this homepage soooo expensive? Just one complete tutorial (with all parts) is about 78 Euro... and that's heck a lot of money for just one tutorial... and I really want ALL of them.... cause they look extremely good... but then you have to be a millionare to buy them user added image

Its because they show you step by step, where as a book just says something like, create a cube 8x8x8 make it into a sphere draw out edge loops etc, with a few little pictures which, in my experiance, can be a very hard way of learning, where as a video you can SEE exactly what to do and hear WHY your doing it that way.

Try and have a look at the books before you buy them as they might overlap in the subject areas, one of the best books i've got is Maya the complete reference, few mistakes in it but its got almost everything you need to know to get you going, it also has good background to why your doing something, which I found was missing in the Maya 6 Foundation book.

Cheers