View Single Post
# 122 18-10-2012 , 09:32 PM
Subscriber
Hi guys (and girls), not really new here but it's been so long since I've been active I thought I'd introduce myself again for those who are new or those who just forgot me user added image First started playing around with Maya and posting here in early 2003. Back then I'd managed to get myself a fancy new computer workstation as a present from my parents and a copy of Alias Maya 4.5. They were full of hopes and dreams of me going to university and starting a career as a CG artist. However I'm sad to say it is something I let them down on, although I tinkered around a bit I was young and lazy and never put enough effort and dedication in to amount to anything. In the end I ended up working as a motor mechanic for VW doing some Maya in spare time. Think I stayed quite active around here untill late 2006/early 2007 when i got caught up in the MMO-RPG World of Warcraft. As my game addiction started to take over my life my Maya work and posts slowly fell away until it was a distant memory. However six years later I'm settled down happly married in my own place and my gaming addiction has finally faded away and only play occasionally. So now with some spare time to fill I've found myself drifting back over to SimplyMaya and taking a look around every few days. Seeing all the wip's and how the attitude still seems friendly and elite free it was only a matter of time before this place convinced me to start dabbling in CG art once again. So if you'll bare with me over the comming months/years here it goes again, my second shot at seeing if I can ever achieve finished projects I can sit back and look at feeling proud I've finally made it as a CG artist.

-Ckyuk-