View Single Post
# 3 18-05-2006 , 06:44 AM
while modeling I´m constantly switching between poly and subD. I have to model about 20 "photo-realistic" heads out of one base mesh cause of weightMap transition purpose. so, if I´m not allowed to change geometry I work with it like clay - just moving topology around. this is where the softMod tool comes in handy cause at first I need to make big topology changes in the face. when smoothing topology later on with the sculptPoly tool verts from the seam (halfHead mirrored around X) tend to flow away and aren´t aligned to X-axis anymore. that is why I wrote that little script which aligns those nasty seam vertices back to the x-axis. but as said, it doesn´t work if a vertex doesn´t inherit a constant and globally updated coordinate system.

hope I could make my intention clear now. (sorry for my poop english!)

I also thought about switching to XSI cause there is a cool tool which works like a soft selection but you can move a group of verts instantly without draging a selection first. like painting around the vertices or like the nudge tool in photoshop. it is a more interactive kind of softModification tool which I lack in maya...

is there maybe a plugin for maya or something...?

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.

Last edited by Falott; 18-05-2006 at 06:46 AM.