View Single Post
# 22 10-04-2011 , 11:27 AM
Subscriber
I would like to say that this is actually quite a cool thing to model. It's really quite fun. That and i'm using it to procrastinate from more pressing matters...

the updates this time is the tail is more complete with a rotor thingy. I saw it on the banshee posted in the first post and figured i should have it, since all helicopters have them.

A few adjustments to the hand cannon, probably all the effort that went into it will go unnoticed, but it was necessary or it actually would have looked bad.

I've re-jigged the colours a bit using my fake texturing that i've been doing ever since my first model. That is, colour in the faces by selecting them and then changing the material. If i don't get round to texturing then at least there will be some kind of cool looking colour. It would be bad if i dont lay out the UVs of this though, because the faces aren't exactly arranged for nice patterns and since its supposed to be low poly i wont get the detail i'd probably want.

i've attached a screen shot too. As you can see not all the armour has been constrained to the proxy model. This is because they'd need set driven keys or something to actually function, and i can't be bothered with that right now..

excluding the proxy model there are 6328 faces, more than there actually is because of the double ups on pieces of armour

Attached Thumbnails

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D