Thread: *WAR*
View Single Post
# 55 24-03-2003 , 07:44 PM
Subscriber
>alex, you said earlyer that a majority of ppl are in favour of the war. I hardly >>>think this is true since all the opinion meters (not sure about the ones in usa)
>show that over 50% are against it.

Actually, I hardly think that is true, since most of the polls I've seen, (including US and Britian polls) support what needs to be done.

>If you're so worried about the soldiers there, why do you still support the fact
>that they're out there? You might aswell try to convince bush, blair and co to
>get them out of there before more casualties fall. Ofcourse I understand this
>would be embarassing for your country, but there are many other ways to get
>to Sadam I'm sure.

Well I, am worried for them, but support that they're out there because I support the cause and their mission. I don't see how it would be embarassing? It would be sad for the Iraqi people especially if we left this half done.. that would be a mistake.. to bomb the cities and everything being done, only to leave them in shambles and not complete what's being set out to do? No, that would be way wrong.

>I'm pretty sure this war is about oil and intimidating the arab world from within, >?because if you go after Saddam for being a horrible dictator you might aswell
>go fight all the other dictators around the world (I can assure there are a lot of
>them).

Na, that's not it. It's been said, time and again, that it's to liberate the Iraqi people from this thug. If it was for oil, why didn't we do it durning the gulf war? Why aren't we going after others like Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, that have oil too?
There's no need to intimidate, they are well aware. It's a matter of bringing peace to the region, and for peace to be there, Saddam needs to leave. He did not, so it's his fault this is happening.

>I'm quite sure the people in Iraq would be more happy if you can get rid of
>Saddam in a peaceful way that will show them much less harm than dropping
>bombs on their country. (these also hit them a lot)

Again, he was told to leave.. what more could be done?

>I agree with you that Saddam should've been removed in the first golf war (plz >don't think that I like this schmuck), but certainly not now because he is a
>global threat to the western world. This he is certainly not! Terrorist
>organisations like Al Quada (and many more) are much more interested in
>hurting us.

How do you know he's not a threat? He has he changed since the first gulf war?
No! I doubt anyone would believe he's not a threat. It's also been confirmed that there are connections between Al Quada and Hussein.

>You also say "For sure he has been working on manufacturing weapons of mass >destruction. The weapons inspectors have never disputed this fact."
>Ofcourse they don't, but now they were seriously starting to get a better opinion >about Iraq's weapons and within a few months they would've been finished with >their report. (the 120 day plan of dr. Hans Blix wich was unfortunatly not heard >because Bush started that 48 hours ultimatum)
>If most of the countries feel they should give inspectors more time, what makes >the us and britain have the right to make it happen like they want it?
>Because of their military power? Now who's 'the bad guy'!

I don't know about you, but 12years seems like a long time to me. It's obvious Hussein was using a delay tactic, like he did in 98'. One week he said he didn't have any missles(can't remember the name of the missle) next week, Oops they have some. He was given too much time.
The bad guy is Saddam! Who do you think it is?

>Another thing I don't agree on: "Were we supposed to stand idly by? As citizens >of the most prosperous nations on Earth, it is our duty to help make everyone
>lives as fair and decent as we can."
>If I'm not mistaken, international aid workers would do a much finer job than
>the military if only they got as much funding as the war does.

Yeah, you are mistaken. sorry. I don't think Aid workers could get Saddam to leave the country. Saddam has violated too many of the guidlines set since the gulf war, like the food for oil program.. He didn't give the food to his people like he was supposed to.

Freedom isn't free.. there is a price to pay. Thank God for countries that care about other countries well being. How easy it would be to turn away and not care about anyone but ourselves, but that is not the right thing to do.

I hope this sharing of opinions will help us get through this.

George

God Bless you and 3D