View Single Post
# 2 05-06-2010 , 10:09 PM
Lifetime Member
Hi mate,,
I have never been to uni but I think a laptop is more convenient. Yes you do get way more boom for your buck in a tower, but you would have to build a metal cage and bolt it to the floor!!!

I guess with a tower you COULD get yourself a terabyte external and backup your work every day. That way if it did get knocked off you would at least have your stuff with you and know that all of your work is safe??

The downside of a laptop as you said is price and power and I also think its just as likely to get stolen if not more because it is so mobile. So one would have to think about cost etc for replacement. At least a tower is cheaper. Do they have insurance for this mate??

Personally I would write down the pros and cons for both INCLUDING prices and insurance etc and see what comes up trumps.

You could always get a small and cheap notebook which will run basic programs I think (I need one for my son when he goes to High School next year) and then sync with your tower in your room when needed? The beauty of the laptop/notebook is you can be anywhere and continue working without the need to go back to your room.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes