View Single Post
# 11 26-11-2003 , 09:14 PM
Man, now im bummed. I made the vents on the lamp by trimming nurbs techniques.. Not the best, but i figured if i set the tesselation enough that it wouldnt be noticeable, which it wasn't..so i removed history, froze transformations, grouped it all together (since the holes are just circular fillets and trimmed pieces)..and everythings fine.. but somewhere, somehow along the line of moving everything around, i must of accidently moved just the head piece, making the circular fillets for the vents offset just a tiny bit.. only noticed that this morning when i was working onmy tesselation for just the lamp head piece.. user added image Now i really dont htink i can figure out a way to get every piece back the way it was.. Was I going about making those vents the right way? I honestly couldn't think of a better way of doing it, but seeing im such a newbie at this..

Another way I thought of doing it was by making a CV curve (linear type), rotating only like 30 degrees into a polygon surface..and cutting the hole out out by using the split polygon tool, extrude the edges accordingly, and merge vertices.. I could get the look i want by then duplicating it 30 degrees until i got the whole lamp.. but how could i attach every piece together to a single continuous mesh without needing alot of aspirin?

Ahh, off to starbucks or something, can't look at it

eat the corn--

Last edited by neoarcadia; 26-11-2003 at 09:29 PM.