View Single Post
# 8 13-10-2005 , 08:40 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jay
[B]Patches, arent a messy way of modelling, just a prefered way, depending what you are used to. Z brush doesnt do anything but 'its' own way for example, there is no right or wrong way.

--Ok maybe I used wrong term, but NURBS just wont give you enough details in organic modeling or you have to plan every pimple you are going to create.

Patches have some advantages (way they behaive,skining,trim...),but rarley you'll see that some big studios use NURBS for theirs hi res models (I'm not talking about MP like SharkTail,Nemo,cartoony looking characters-NURBS are great for it...).

Polys are simple,fast,predictible and the oldest CG modeling method ulike the NURBS wich are pritty unpredictable and slower-->in my opinion

This is way out of the subject!

Mesh looks pritty messy,need more eye loops,the place where where forhead and nose meets need more volume and smoother transition,jaw should be more "boney".

Try drawing mesh on some head pics and figure out how loops should go,make them uniformed and then get back to your model.
Its important first to create basic loops dont wory about the nose so much,but rather concetrate on loops around eye and mouth and how they meet. Give a head good shape in low res then start increasing res by puting more loops where posible, whatch cheeks they should be more "rounded,smoothew..."

Explore,you're on your way results will come!