View Single Post
# 15 23-08-2004 , 08:07 PM
Subscriber
Hay Vlad, you get one and a half points. Thanks for your thoughts. Your right I am serious hear. LOL The point on the crotch glad you caught that, I was aware of it just almost forgot to get it. Although I would because I'm not done editing in that area but that’s a little ways off. In a lot of models that area gets the least attention yet the most.. What I mean is they make sure it looks good. But they do not leave enough polys there for the aria to deform correctly when the legs spread any. I'm waiting to do major work in this area because the ref I have the legs are not spread apart enough for that. This is probably not the best pose to model with. But for the purpose of all this it was more important to work with the best average body.
The thighs can probably use to tweeks on the inside part connecting to the torso. a bit toward the front.
The belly button occurs almost halfway between the bottom of the breast bone and crotch. Which puts this belly button right on. What I have so far kind of makes it hard to judge this. No problems.
The pooch on the belly most all women that have a bit of weight have that there. The major fat deposit there starts halfway between the belly button and the crotch.
The girl in your ref is not average. She's very skinny and muscular. Ave woman don't have that width between the legs in the crotch area when their standing straight or even with feet a little apart as in your ref. I'm guessing sure but its around 75% of US women don't have to much space there. Women in Asia have that though, the width in the crotch aria. Or women that have some bloodlines back from that arEa of the map. For the most part.
Some of these things you didn't know so on that part I apologize for not being as informative as I could have been. One of my goals in this is to get a some what perfected wire that is useful for the widest range of bodies. As you stated the average build remains very constant considering, in say bone length etc. and Average it is I'm after not to skinny. Not to over weight. This reference is my best guess at the in-between. In-between super skinny and the verge of the term obese.
I think this will make it the most reusable. Besides if the character is way over weight extra geometry will have to be added obviously.
The butt of the girl. Well guys these days are tending to like back ends that almost look like a man. Really that’s rather hard to find with adult women. Just like having fat deposits on the belly and thighs, they also do on the behind.

I'm most interested right now in capturing most of the finer detail that makes a human body. Well human’s, there not very smooth when you really look at them and cg models tend to be super smooth.
I'll get some screens of the ref and model.