View Single Post
# 94 01-11-2002 , 05:54 PM
Subscriber

Forgive me Gazzamataz!

Im terribly sorry for not replying to your email Gazzamataz, this is due to the fact that I never read it.

I may have overlooked it or it was deleted due to suspisious nature.

Please send it again, I'd love to read it!!!

I'll just write something here:

I have done some tweaking to the system files with an editor, but I'm not sure if there are any noticable benefits.
My machine used to save to virtual memory all the time, even windows if I remember correctly, so I made windows keep its "core processes" in ram memory (dont know if maya is in that category!).

Anyway, windows/applications doesnt page anymore it seems...

The file-size of the falcon at the end is 26.5 mb, and when the whole model is moved or rotated, it takes three seconds or so to update in wireframe, for each view.

I now have several layers for rendering purpose; in order to shave off some ram I hide the parts that doesnt have an apparent effect for the rendering (say the bottom-most details, when rendering the top side...).

Im not sure, but I'm thinking that some nurbs-parts has become a burden in addition to the many polygons. So I hide all the parts that I can.

A full render takes about 45 min with raytrace shadows.

History is killed (deleted from the menu) to shave off memory/bytes, but I usually have the history button turned on while modeling.

There is quite a difference in display-speed between working with a new project, contra working with say the millennium falcon. All movement is jaggy with the falcon, unless I hide most parts, prior to moving objects.

Well that's it, but tell me your question regarding the airplanes, I'd love to answer your questions.