View Single Post
# 73 17-02-2008 , 10:26 PM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by gster123
When theres strange things afoot with maya at uni the bes tthing to do is move the prefs folder out of the maya folder (in your docs) so ther eisnt one, then fire up maya again, it resets the prefs, and see if that works, if it does it means re-setting all your prefs but at least its working

If not you can just ciopy your prefs folder back over, and carry on scratching your head.

I've seen a similar thing but its a windows display setting so not much help on a mac

Steve, you're a life saver! Took me a while to find the prefs folder (for some reason they buried it in some foreign folder). Went through and moved around some files and it happened to be the last one I looked at (seriously, it was the last one I copied over), which was the pluginPrefs.mel file. I reloaded my plugins and found out that it was my Maxwell plugin.

This, scared the crap out of me. In my next project I wanted to mess around with Maxwell, and here it is screwing Maya up. So, I got an update to the plugin and the day is saved!

Thanks again! :attn: