View Single Post
# 1 12-04-2009 , 06:14 AM
Subscriber

Chirone - Spaceship Challenge: The Unity

i thought i'd try this too...

except i couldn't figure out what race my spaceship belonged to

for a while it was the pirate ship because i was just putting random things together that the pirates might have taken from other ships following a whole add-to-the-ship-anything-that-works-and-gives-it-more-speed-and-fire-power-aesthetics-come-last approach

the assymetry of it was really weird and it didn't look very balanced

so then it changed a bit and became the unity race's ship.

given that it travels in space means it can have energy weapons and having wings probably isn't so important......

anyway, the ship is made from seperate parts and these seperate parts can operated by themselves and unite to a bigger ship...
each green oval thing has one thing from the unity race floating inside with tubes shoved into them (i suppose think matrix...) so yeah...

it's not as detailed as tweety's or dango's and it probably wont be because i can never figure out where to make those random little tubes, wires, and boxes....

also, since the entities 'plug-in' to their ships i figure the ships will have some organic-like components to it... in this case, it'll most likely be the hands that grab onto the green spheres and the hands that connect the different little ships together

anyway, attached is a simply maya exclusive look at the blocking out of the ship
parts are coloured so you can see it a little better i think...actually i have no idea why i stuck on default blinn shaders on there...
it reminds me of the old days of swift3D... the way it's coloured that is...

Attached Thumbnails

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D

Last edited by Chirone; 12-04-2009 at 06:22 AM.