View Single Post
# 16 11-12-2010 , 05:36 PM
Administrator
daverave: I'm not sure exactly how you'd like it executed, but me and Dave had an idea a few months back that's quite cool. What we wanted to do as we live in Prague which is a very pretty place was to make a video of a scene like the one below and then have a thopter model come splashing onto the water and flying through it. It would include a lot of dynamics and have to be done in matchmover I think so it's a David task but he could pull it off he's good. It's definitely a few months down the line because creating the scene would take a lot of time, and we want to make some dashing tutorials rather than your typical simple stuff that a lot of places sell.

honestdom: That's really interesting, I believe David already sent you a pm. Compositing's really tricky, I've been trying to composite images onto the windows of one of my interior scenes and getting it too look realistc for the blur when you have DOF and getting the colors and lighting in an image to work with the 3d scene is so hard. I'm up to trial image 150 I think now, and I still don't have what I want.

Rhetoric Camel: Task for Jay in the future maybeuser added image I agree with you completely pulling off any sort of realistic model is really difficult and time consuming. I've noticed it a lot lately when I've been building the environments for my lighting tuts and this is fairly simple modeling compared to a dog, small details make a huge difference to how well things come out once you start to shade and light. Look forward to following your scene on the forum though, it's always interesting with these projects where people put in lots of time.

Nilla

Attached Images