View Single Post
# 7 23-11-2006 , 03:02 PM
Subscriber
well said DI3, i know what you mean; i just won an encouragement award at uni for doing post sound and music composition for the whole natural histories film dept (i alreay had a rep) and my piont; i had two weeks to do them (4 movies oh, and one animation so 5 movies,) and post sound is the last link in the chain and so they all came in at once.

i was stupid enough to think they would come in on schedule) and i did them on final cut pro and pro tools..,NOW my piont, i had never used protools before and so i had a lot of work on a program i had never used. From 9am to 4pm for two weeks, but i did it (because me degree depended on it). it nearly killed me and my clothes are still in the bathroom and the dishes still in the sink and i am not happy i am depressed.., proud, but depressed. and i would never advise anyone to do that.., never ever ever... unless your life depends on it as mine did, now i have BA next to my name rather than 'street boy')

all i was saying, because it is rare that anyone can learn two animation programs from jan to sept and then get a job of their choice was; DO NOT WASTE YOUR LIFE SITTING IN FRONT OF A COMPUTER. if he just wants to do scenes, maya should be enough, i think it is unhealthy and just plain complusive to learn both just for the sake of it and a testement to a boring life. but DI3 you are in the business so if he wants to get into that then V-Ray that sounds the way to go.., no bubble burst.

personally i think if he wants to do archetecture, then a degree will not hurt, and he will have people to help him, maybe you had someone to help you,.. no mom or wife here. life should be balanced.

i am starting to think, there must be more to life than this, i'd love a day sitting on the beach...:headbang:

take it easy and life will be easy