Thread: university?
View Single Post
# 2 17-06-2008 , 11:20 PM
Subscriber
Not University. In the end, it is your demo reel and who you know matters.

Go to Gnomon in California. From what I read, they all have jobs even before they finish their program. And the price is alot cheaper than the one I went to in Florida.

or

Go to Vancouver VFx college in Vancouver, Canada. They have the best demo reels display in cgtalk.

Don't go to any school that has way over 1/3 of the staff that are student turned instructors who has no experience in the industry, but stayed behind after graduating for the job security. The admission representatives will never tell you that because they are exactly like car salesman, for every student who goes in and graduates, they get hundreds of dollars of bonus. I am telling you from experience, don't go to any school in Florida. The one I went to is litterally a for-profit-only school who just sees is money not producing artists. The staff just make sure you don't repeat the course and take up space, so they make sure you pass and be on your way.

Most of my friends who graduated from that animation school in Florida couldn't get a job and ended up doing anything but what they study and paid over $70,000 for. I took out alot more than that. The numbers from the Career department are fudged because most of my friends couldn't find a job in the cg industry. You don't want to be in that trap of being in debt for nothing.