View Single Post
# 1 04-11-2002 , 03:00 PM

Help on Tutorial by McKinley...

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to follow the tutorial by Micheal McKinley to effectively complete the modelling of an Audi TT... I hope the author is reading, since he might want to provide directly the clarifications I'm looking for... ... Wishful Thinking user added image
Basically, I would like to better understand how to project on the different views of my workspace the images to be used as reference during the whole modeling process.
It's not clear, as well, how it was possible for the author to obtain such well outlined images... I mean, they look very well shaped... with a clean contour.
Would it be possible to obtain some tips on how to obtain such a precise effect in Maya?
I guess some planes have been created first, to which the images have been then applied to. Then, maybe, these planes have been assigned to a specific layer, to avoid that they are selected during the modeling... I have a rough idea, nevertheless some good tips would be really appreciated, also to understand how to safeguard the proportions of the images.
I would like to obtain the effect visible on the picture attached to this message...
Thank you in advance to everybody,
Avoosl