View Single Post
# 6 04-06-2005 , 04:23 PM
Subscriber
Good ideas! Thank you. user added image

By the way BMS that was very cool effect user added image the shadowing etc looked very cool. Fitted right into the scene user added image

I do have Adobe After Effects...got it recently...along with a 6cd tutorial set from beginner to expert and Im half way through it now.....looks like it does some amazing things....I have premiere as well and have tutorials for that as well but havent done them yet. Not sure what Premiere could do that AE couldnt user added image other than stream in my video. But will see once Ive complete that training as well. Maya is on my list of MUST learns....but as you can see I think that by learning AE and Premiere first...then work on my 3D modeling afterward to compliment all my video footage is where I am headed. I must say that Maya is quite intimidating but I am looking forward to learning my way around it. If I can accomplish the basics Id be quite excited.

As far as motion tracking is concerned....I recently learned how it is done in AE but havent quite understood yet how it helps. Im sure that will come in later lessons.

I like your idea astro about placing the movie on a back plane with a camera facing it and then add the 3d models in front. Simple but effective for basic effects. Its obvious at this point I just need to keep on reading and watching these tutorials. I have SO MUCH TO LEARN! Overload :p But im excited about the end result....if only it was like the Matrix and I could just plug in and upload this information. I'll check out that thread BMS user added image thanks again gang user added image