Thread: Shinou gundam
View Single Post
# 35 25-11-2008 , 06:15 AM
Subscriber
since the point lights that get instanced to the particles don't emit light i thought to just make my own simulation of it with some point lights attached to a motion path that would cycle through the path.

this is what it looks like:
user added image

despite the actual gun being in the center of the light rig there is a concentrated bit of light on the ground that isn't directly beneath the gun itself.
user added image

this is a result because only ONE of the lights got set to intensity of 200 and the others stayed at 1 due to me thinking that i was changing all their intensities at once.
apparently selecting all of them in the hypershade and changing the attribute on one does not affect all of them.

also, trying to create a control object to control their intensity does NOT work because intensity is not an attribute one can link to using the Connection Editor, nor is it an attribute that shows up in the Attribute Spreed Sheet, or as an attribute that can show up in the channel box.

hence, mass changing the intensity of all the point lights is impossible, and this solution should and will be abandoned.

in fact, why don't i just make it easier on myself and make this a daytime scene and make it less dramatic....?
oh right... night time is better :headbang:

why do particles not emit light?
and why is intensity not an attribute?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D