View Single Post
# 1 11-12-2008 , 07:40 PM
Subscriber

Useful plug-ins and tips you find useful

After the whole thing with people not knowing about the incremental save option in part of my W.I.P for my woman I was wondering what pluggins for Maya people are using or any other little tips people may not know about.

I did a search and could not find any other topic like this, but if there is just let me know

I use 8.5 as I have spent alone time getting it just right and some of the plug-ins I use you cant get for the later versions of Maya. I use Maya2008 for rendering as it has a lot more new features and is the highest licence I have.

I use the following in my work flow:

Incremental save - with the number of things that go wrong in Maya this is a must.

Koshigaya Studios Script Tools (lots of little plug-ins I use every day and the main reason I use 8.5 still)
https://www.koshigaya.de/

Art of rigging books DVD plugins - The books provided a lot of little plugins on the dvds that I use for rigging and very useful books to boot
www.cgtoolkit.com

Polynoise - great little script for making tree trunks or adding noise to your surfaces.

Blast Code - great plug-in for breaking stuff.

Turtle - rendering tool I sometimes use.

Syflex - cloth although I use ncloth a lot more now.

Shave and Haircut - Hair

Realflow

Vue 6 - on the very odd occasion.

Granted not all of these are free (alot of them I got from the film I was working on) but they do make my life easier