View Single Post
# 1 01-04-2011 , 03:51 AM
SM Tea Boy

Advertising on the internet - Repost from 8 years ago

I originally posted this 8 years ago on Simplymaya ( found it again with the new site search user added image ) It was true then it's even truer now.

I'd rather pay than see adverts. Whats your opinion?

What is it with sites now a days? I cant go anywhere now especially on a site that generates more than five visitors a day without seeing big annoying flashing advertisements and I'm sick of it, I can no longer even be bothered to watch TV, every 10 minutes someone pops up trying to sell me something, I hate advertising It leads to a myth that things on the internet should be free because you can just slap adds all over them ID RATHER BLOODY PAY than put up with it.

Pop ups, now we got pop unders, DHTML banners flying past all over the dam place how long do you think before we manage to completely turn the internet into one giant FKN useless TV advertisement, I could get a pop up killer but we all do that now so they just make the dam things 2x as big and embed them in the page your viewing, it seems the only reason to create a user community on-line now is to build it up to the point where you can slap flash banners all over the dam place

In the UK we now allow corporate companies to sponsor schools how long before your kids start coming home with enjoy coke a cola stamped on the back of there text books.

I HATE ADVERTISING ON WEB SITES

This rant brought to you by David.

David

Install ad-block and say **** um

Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"