View Single Post
# 4 17-09-2003 , 06:54 PM
lol, i dont have a clue of what "burn-away" particles means...

the effect i aim for is not just a transition, it has to look like the bodysuit just "launched threads" from the belt and shoes and then expands spiraling and encircling the body, weaving itself over it, kinda simbiotic venom suit of the comic but in a more ordered fashion (which makes it simpler i hope...).

Now i tought more about it... I was thinking of making it with a subd body with a layered shader with a skin shader lower layer and a black rubber shader on top transparency contolled by ramps. and on other compositing layer make some cilynders (each one for the body and limbs) get tight(with lots of turns) spirals from them, deleting the cylinders and then apply a black oil brush to the spirals and animate the covering of the curve over time, and animating the curve itself with a ball deformer whose movement is timed as the ramps of the body with the double shader...
(there was a mel to obtain spring shaped spirals?
and to obtain them from the geometry you have? )

but that is just theory... and i will be glad to hear theres a better/simpler way to make it with particles

(have to see x-man again, forgot the transitions of mistic to wolverine...)

I remember Rondador nocturno (nigtstalker?) "bamfs" where cool, how where they done?

Last edited by dragonfx; 17-09-2003 at 08:16 PM.