Thread: GLOCK 27
View Single Post
# 39 05-09-2005 , 11:06 PM
twisteddragon33, I .357 magnum is a hand cannon. Those are fun to shoot. Big boom. I fired a 44 mag a while back and now that is over kill. I never fired a 50 cal. pistol which is a deferent round than a 50 cal. rifle but it is huge. The 44 pushed me back.

matt4068, It is fun but firing a pistol is a lot harder than people think. Most people the first time they shoot have a hard time just hitting any part of a target at 25 yards. It take time and practice to get good. A rifle I am thinking about gettting is an AR-15 or civilian semi auto M16. The 223 rounds are relatively cheap. The gun is lights, comfortable and acurate. It is also very easy to clean. You can put all sorts of aftermarket sights and parts on it to make it better and more suited to you shooting style. The round is a lot smaller than you think it is but very fast. They have very little kick. You could put you rounds on target fast and easily. That is one problem with the AK or SKS. The round is bugger and has a longer range but the time it takes you to get the next shot off and acurate is about 50% longer. They are so fun to shoot but are also very loud.
By the way I have a gun safe that is bolted to the wall from the inside of it and lock up my fire arms. I do not take them out unless I know someone knows gun safety and I will NOT go shooting with anyone I do not feel comfortable with.

Jay, Nice. I would love to see your new work as soon as you can show it. I am glad things are going well for you. I have a year left of school and then it will be time for me to get out in the market full time. I did just finish work on a pepsi commercial that aired in China. Maybe as soon as I can I will post a link to it. Take care.
Rick