View Single Post
# 2 06-09-2005 , 11:09 PM
Subscriber
Well, I guess no one is able to help me with the above problem, but what can ya do. Anyways, I was going to start a new thread with another booleans union problem that I am having, but instead of doing that I figured I would just post it in this thread instead.

The problem is as follows: I am following a set of tutorials from lynda.com that I downloaded onto my comp. I am now in the modelling section of this tutorial where I need to do a booleans union on a loft surface and a body to create a mouth for a robot. Each time I do this, weird deformations occur. Once, the body stayed in place but the box (created out of curves being lofted) would merge at an odd angle. The next time (after I exited the program and reopened the file) the whole lower body dissappeared and the mouth turned from a box into an arc shaped object. It is so frustratingly annoying, as I am following the tutorial instructions exactly but getting abnormal results. I will attach the before and after .mb files. Hopefully you will be able to figure out what the heck is wrong here user added image

Anyone who could help with this would be greatly appreciated, as I don't want to move on in the tutorials without completing this.

Attached Files
File Type: mb robotproblem1.mb (64.0 KB, 226 views)