View Single Post
# 11 19-04-2010 , 02:45 PM
Lifetime Member
all I can say is 'you bugger',

I have been at it again LOL. You have me curious now. Im just a lowly Surveyor and not a math wiz by any standards BUT I think because the mesh is trying to interpolate curves from flat planes (so to speak) it will always create some sort of crease.

IF you could restrain the vertices required to a dimension (as mentioned before) it would reduce it somewhat. I dont know enough about Maya (see my poor models!) to help anymore. It did take me away from the tedious task of UV mapping for a couple of nights.

I will now retire to my cave and dream the electric dream. You might be able to script a little program to do this?? or there might be one out there??? For other models I have seen they have either used the 2 mesh with just a combine to appear as one???

Anyway thanks for the puzzle, I will remember our meeting as such "puzzle, frustration, ale, more ale, migraine, puzzle, more ale......still more ale.......bugger it blitzted....migraine gone.....puzzle wins".

LOL

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes