Thread: ***TOPOLOGY***
View Single Post
# 225 08-01-2017 , 01:17 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
so some new topology images!!

Work has been very busy for a while and also with new tutorials being done now, Ive finally had some time to be able to sit and do some new bits. This is a retopo mesh over a scan mesh. You will notice that there arent any major edgeloops in terms of muscle groups.This mesh currently has 6203 polys so still very low.
I few months back I finished digi double work on Marvels Dr Strange and learned a hell of a lot in terms of how the meshes are created and dealt with right now. We were basically using an in house mesh with a base poly count of around 18-20,000 polys, this in turn is used as the sculpt mesh which would obviously get divided right up, sculpted, and then the mesh in maya would be updated from this, still using the base. We would use either a blendshape to transfer the difference or transfer attributes on the base mesh, just depends on the uv situation as well. The base mesh would get aligned to a scan of the actors using Wrap X, which is an amazing tool. have a look at the demo stuff here, Im sure some of you would have seen it. https://www.russian3dscanner.com/ in turn the mesh would still require some light adjustment in Zbrush. We would have a muscle group texture map to show where to align and keep the mesh looking 'correct' but still keeping the character looking like the actor.

anyway I'll be working it up to a decent res, with some projection work over the top so I will keep it the updates coming as soon as I have something I feel I can show you

cheers
Jay

Attached Thumbnails