View Single Post
# 7 24-10-2008 , 11:52 PM
Naw, the deleted post was just a screw up, I must have accidently hit a key and the message posted while I was in the middle of composing. So I just posted again when I was finished and deleted the unfinished original.

Hey, I actually thought of the great suggestion you made about assigning a material to the collision model and then deleting the material. Yes it goes dark green. But the plugin either crashes when I try to export the mesh, or worse, it includes every material in the Maya file for every object in the file as though it belonged to (i.e., was assigned to) the exporting mesh.

Anyway, I do appreciate the time and energy you have donated. Clearly, I'm doing things that either no-one else has tried, or more likely, no-one else has considered. It makes me wonder how many static meshes there are out there in the gaming world with a extra un-needed un-used material that is causing the graphics engine to work harder doing nothing useful.:attn:

If I ever do figure this out I'll write it up here, but it seems impossible to me that I'm the first and only person to encounter this problem!