View Single Post
# 13 15-11-2011 , 12:42 PM
Subscriber
Chirone-

Thanks for your words of advice but we all have our different struggles when it come to switching over to a new applications. I am back with Maya for several reasons. One is this company that I am reaching out to is very closed mined when it comes to other apps such as Modo. I mentioned to this company I could save OBJ's and go from there. They did not careuser added image, they want me to get into Maya regardless of what Modo is.

Again very closed minded companies out there not realizing what Modo really could be in any pipeline. so my struggles are what they are until I can get past what I have learned in Modo.

I am not saying that I will abandon Modouser added image, However I learned how to move very fast in Modo and Maya does not work like Modo.

So please understand my frustration hereuser added image. I will screw up a lot of times, but this time I can not just walk away from Maya for many reasons due to companies out there and how backwards many of them think when it comes to using other apps than what they are using. I hate this because I can already do the job, However they want to see me perform in Maya.

They need me to rigg as well. Modo is growing and is not there as of yet. However Maya can Rigg and animate. Another thing I am wondering when it comes to very large scenes or a master scene how well does Maya allow us to add things without creating "Instances" Modo slows down when you go there. Does Maya do the very same thing i am wondering?

Seriously so how do you tell an ignorant boss on the other end of the telephone that you can move just as fast in another app but want even listen to a word your saying let alone can model or do the work him or her self maybe. So this is what's going on here. i will get my head around Maya I mean what can you do right. However the industry out there is not so kind to any other better app to add to their workflow which to me does not make any dam sense but who I am i argue with the person who may offer a job.user added image

Last edited by PenPixels; 15-11-2011 at 12:52 PM.