View Single Post
# 3 02-03-2006 , 06:27 AM

Here is The Program . . . WalkerMan

Ok, here it is . . . Make sure you read the install note, and let me know if you are having any difficulty with installing this and getting it working. This is the first time I have shared this code, so I am not sure how smooth things will go.

Read the install file!

You have to copy the MEL files into your Maya scripts folder and rather than bother sourcing them, the easier way would be do it before you start Maya or shut Maya down and re-start it so it will load all the scripts. Then you can just type "go" in the command line and a window will come up that will allow you to drag-drop the icons to your shelf. After that you can press an icon, a window will come up with a bunch of controls . . when you press the play button, you will see the biped walk, all you have to do is put on the character mesh. The quadraped is set up so it does not move horizontally, until you set the speed, so it is easy to see the four gates that you can put the quadraped in, then when you want to actually animate, all you have to do is play with the speed control to get it to go.

Attached Files
File Type: zip walkerman.zip (160.1 KB, 280 views)

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche