View Single Post
# 1 01-02-2005 , 07:40 PM
Subscriber

What is a good scale setup for a staircase

Hi there all,
My next plan I am thinking of doing is modeling a house, both interior and exterior. Eventually this will be part of my portfolio that will be setup as a walk through of all my 3D artwork through the semesters that I had attended at college.

So far I got the basic first floor foundation done, and now I am working on the stairs. Though I have a couple of questions. What I wanted to ask you is, what is the depth, height, and width of each step of a basic straight staircase that connects to a 8' wall? In addtion to this I also wanted to know what should be the height's distance between the first and second floor? I ask this because I tried doing it and it didn't look perportional. I don't need the exact measurements, I just need it to be perportional. ALSO, The only thing I ask since I already started to model my unit scale is set to 1 unit = 1', and 12 grid spacings = 1'.

In addition to this, I did find a sketch of staircase. The only problem I had was that when I stretched the plane to be big enough the image had also stretched. And I can't seem to find how to stop the image from stretching.

Anyways here's the sketch I found...

Attached Thumbnails