View Single Post
# 1 13-08-2010 , 10:33 AM
Subscriber

Ben Hobden - Horror Challenge

Okaaaayyy...been looking forward to this.

To start things off, I'm gonna post a couple of images I found which Im thinking of taking inspiration from. Im torn between making a 100% (or largely) Maya scene, or using this challenge to further learn some Z-Brush and Maya workflow. There are some techniques for rendering passes out of Zbrush which Ive read about before but never tried myself so I might use this challenge to experiment with those. Also, Ive only made a couple of 'character' pieces before, both very simply presented and both in classic/horrible T-Pose. So the two month deadline will give me a good time period to create a decent base cage in Maya, then sculpt up in Zbrush, and then try and get whatever I come up with, back into Maya for some decent lighting and presentation, or maybe render straight out of Zbrush if I can.

This may change, but my intitial thoughts have been along these lines.

From the following two images: I love the presentation and style/tone/look/feel of this first image, which is something I might try to replicate.

I also really like the form of the front hand in the second image, looking at it makes me want to sculpt it myself, so my first idea is to create some scary looking guy, with the pose of the second image, presented in the style of the first.

Attached Thumbnails