View Single Post
# 5 21-12-2006 , 10:59 AM
actually I mean ->

I have a window (pCube). and I have a curve. now i have to duplicate this window about a 100 times along this curve. the windows should be located right next to another and be orientated tangentially to the curve. I found scripts like duplicateAlongCurve or deformAlongPath (or something like that). Problem is ->

each script uses either the CVs from a curve to place the duped objects or you can place random object but they dont fit the curve´s tangent. So I wrote some lines of code to do that automatically, but for some reason it doesn´t work like I want. (MEL noob I am)

I ended by duplicating the objects in a straight line, created a straight Joint chain in the ecaxt length of my curve, applied an IK spline handle to the chain, then used the original curve as blendshape for the spline curve. and voilá - after smooth skinning the wondows to the joints I shaped it into the right form.

but

this is a bit of a drastic workflow. so I wondered if there isn´t any easier way to duplicate objects along a curve (unrespecting the curve´s CVs but using the curve´s tangent for object orientation)

thx for replies mates!

edit:
modified the title cause it was confusing as I didn´t mean deforming but duplicating along a curve.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.

Last edited by Falott; 21-12-2006 at 11:01 AM.