View Single Post
# 4 31-03-2011 , 10:36 PM
Subscriber
I am a lucky sod - I have every console ever made (not every version of every machine but 1 of each type) and even a Super Street Fighter 2 Arcade machine with an extra X-Men Vs StreetFighter 2 board (2 4 1 gaming hehe).

I used to play a lot of FPS only on PC because the controls suck on consoles but I find myself moving more and more towards my 360 (Thats runs most games at 1080p).

PC are just too bloody much hard work - got to get these drivers, oh add this patch get this update. And I am sure they add things to the code just to push the amount of power you need to run these games just to sell more parts. Sims 3 - looks shit, but out of the 5 computers/laptops in the house only my core7 with 10 gigs of ram and 2gig graphics card will run it smoothly - but yet it looks no better than Sims 2. (usually forcing me to give up my PC so the GF can play). My old PC which used to run almost all games really well up to Crysis at full specs - can barely get it going.

I got bullet-storm on both the PC (of my brother in law who bought it and hated it) and on the 360 - I use a 360 pad on the pc so controls were the same. My PC cost £1100 - the xbox £200. The game feels faster and lags less on the xbox, making it much more fun to play. The graphics are better on the PC but only slightly. I also had the demo on the PS3 - and although they go on how powerful the cell processor is on it - the graphic are worse out the three and takes the longest to load. Only using bulletstorm as its one game I have played on all 3. You all know how much of an Epic fan I am.

Reading reviews and watching some "VS" video on eurogamer the xbox out plays the PS3 almost 8/10 times and then xbox vs pc 6/10. Now not saying every PC is the same as we all know they are not - but to run the same game at a level that surpasses the xbox or ps3 usually means you have spent a lot more on the hardware. I only spent a lot of money on my PC for 3d - the games I barely play as I have every games machine down stairs on my 50" TV that all I have to do is pick up the pad and play.