View Single Post
# 3 03-03-2003 , 01:52 AM
Subscriber
I actually know a bit about Motion Capture (MOCAP), when I went to school we had a Motion Capture Studio. Which was really cool, basically the setup is a room with 8-9 different cameras set up looking at space on the floor. And the character, or person gets in this black spandex suit, talk about uncomfy.. believe me.. urgh. Anyways lil ping-pong ball markers are placed using velcro on the body suit, around the forehead, neck, arms, waist. etc. Different pointers consisting of the body, roughly there's about 26 points on the body. Well the program that we used was Kaydara, and the cameras are connected to the computer. And once the camera picked up these pointers from the suit on the screen you attach them to a "virtual skeleton" in the Kaydara program. Once all is said in done you capture the "motion" or the movements of the pointers, and after the animation is saved. You can then export the skeleton into Maya or whatever 3d program your using and then just attach the skeleton to your 3D character.. and the animation is already done.