Thread: here
View Single Post
# 114 01-01-2008 , 02:56 AM
Subscriber
I agree somewhat. I think it needs a story, at the moment it's just a dart on a board and it doesn't tell me anything in particular. You don't have to be too explicit, but for instance you could add a few more darts with a different colored flag strewn about randomly in the lower scoring areas, and use some heavy DOF with the same camera angle.

You don't need anything too epic, but we need to know why we should care about this dart. 'Oh. Okay. Someone's being creamed by a really skilled dart player. ' Even that's enough for us to guess at a story.

You could also create an effective piece without a clear story, of course. But no matter which way you go, I think you need to give the scene more love. I think it's important to note that with images like this, it's usually interesting because we are forced to closely examine the small details with a fresh focused perspective that you give us. At the moment though, there's little detail for us to notice. You should try and break up these forms, the highlights, just make it more random and natural - get rid of that procedural look! user added image

It seems like a lot of work, but you can always hide laziness behind depth of field. There's actually a fairly narrow band that will need extreme detail. The rest can be filled in by our minds.

www.funkybunnies3d.com

Last edited by Funky Bunnies; 01-01-2008 at 03:11 AM.