Thread: MR rendering
View Single Post
# 7 11-02-2003 , 12:38 AM
Subscriber
Thx guys for your opinions user added image ! I made it all by hand! I modeled a nurbs sphere and let all the effects ti MR!! I used a directional light, then in MR tab, turned on emit photons (4.000,4.000,4.000;2.000 for exponent; turned on physical and 10000 for caustic) at the caustic and global ilumination - and thats all for the light!
At hypershade, make a phong shader and play around with the Common Material Attributes to give the color and transparency you want; give 20.000 at cosine power and 0.3 of reflectivity at specular shading! At the output connection (near presets), in the MR tab, use a parti volume for the volume shader and a parti volume photon at phot volume shader! In the parti volume: scatter-full red; extinction-0.05;min_step_len-0.02;max_step_len-0.2! In the parti volume photon:scatter-20% of the rollover;extinction-1.5;min_step_len-0.02;max_step_len-0.2!
At Render Globals MR, chose Previewcaustics in the render quality!
Now you should get a render similar to mine, if you want a supreme quality, dont forget to use FINAL GATHER (1000 rays) and turn on Jitter at the Sampling Quality, with -1(min samples) and 1(max samples)!!
Play with this values and let me know the results your getting guysuser added image !

jesus loves you!