View Single Post
# 2 30-04-2010 , 01:34 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Yes the ideas are interesting, and at the time, relatively (in potential, and promise) groundbreaking. I would compare it to the Fleischmann-Pons Coldfusion ''incident'', Obviously not on the same scale. The announcement, followed by the research grants and the like, of course most could not fully replicate the results, and non of science never really made full sense. I don't think they were ever accused of falsifying data, but not many people could replicate it either, and when they did, it was a 1 in 20 chance.
And even now some people are still looking into it, but no one has come up with anything substantially (as far as I know, correct if wrong).

The organic circuitry is different in that idea makes sense scientifically, but a lot of the data presented was fraudulent
(as mentioned). When there was an investigation all the data was deleted, and all of his experiments were disposed of.

"He admitted to having falsified some data and stated he did so to show more convincing evidence for behaviour that he observed."

If he had observed the behavior he claimed, he would not need to exaggerate or emphasise it. It's science, if he sees what he was expecting to see, even if it's not at the level he was hoping for, it's still progress. He would not need to lie, nor trash all his data.

I do like the idea, and it has a lot of promise, but from what I've read, they wouldn't be very fast (compared) Especially with the advancement in laser data transfer for the large scale, and of course nano tech for the small. They would be cheap though, and environmentally friendly, and flexible, but even that is being matched with new nano tech. Plus it's only a matter of time before Moore's law is shattered. With the way things are advancing at the moment, with more countries, previously not in a position for technological advancements, are absolutely booming tech competitiveness, especially with the nano-tech scene.
And the generally demand for these things increasing.

It seems like that to me with processors now, I felt like as soon as we had duel-core, we had quad-cores, and now hexa-cores, then octo-cores. It wont be long now.

Anyway.... nice idea for a thread.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"