View Single Post
# 27 18-11-2002 , 10:54 AM
Perhaps I have a few suggestions that i could add to this conversation. I was seeing that someone wanted a tutorial on hypershade and all the different things you can do with it. While i think that would be an awesome Tutorial i personally beleive that with all the time and effort that would go into it, it would show up in the VIP section. I personally am not a subscriber yet, although i will be soon, hopefully.

I mean as the tutorials get old, or a few tutorials should be added intermittently to the free section, personally i think theses should be beginners topics. Such as Navigating Maya: Tips & Tricks, Basic Polygonal Modelling, Basic Sub-divs, Basic Key-Frame Animation, Basic Hypershade. Since these topics are a little easier to cover than more advanced topics and will probably take up less room, and less bandwidth than the larger files being downloaded regarding Advanced issues from the free area.

Also, i was having quite a hard time with the .wmv's its actually really annoying when you missed a part and you have to skip back a few seconds and it takes forever to buffer, so perhaps if you guys could switch over to DivX as your movie format, its a good compression and great quality, that would be cool, though if .wmv is a must I Will live user added image.

Perhaps more additions to the Gallery, and perhaps even an Animation Gallery for people to showcase their short's and quick renders.

Perhaps even offer hosting packages for beginning 3d artists who need to get a website going to showcase their 3d art and portfolio.

And of course, more shaders, more models, more tutorials, but honestly this site already is one of the /BEST/ on the web. So you guys just keep up the awesome work.

This ones to you Kevin and the Guys at Simply! user added image Cheers!,
Imperator

PS: Kevin can you PM me with yer ICQ or MSN Messenger ID, need to talk regarding VIP membership