View Single Post
# 14 03-04-2008 , 02:00 AM

Originally posted by Savnac
Arran-

I can not believe you gave the answer that you gave to him, Oh My God dude why not just say too him "just give up" and learn none of the things the employers do look for when hiring.

Good draftsmanship is always the key, in helping your skill set when learning Modeling software, I can not believe you said what you did, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Arran walk into Dream Works with an attitude like that and lets see how far you get, Oh my God!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

First of all, full disclosure- I’m a friend of arran’s and not savnac, so let my bias be known. I almost never post but reading this couldn’t resist. Having said that, I think you, not arran, come off as the angry one- hostile, even. Were all those “ha ha ha”s and “oh my god"s really necessary?

I don’t read what arran said as being negative. I think he is saying that there are a lot of different ways to make it into the industry- you don’t have to be a perfect draftsperson or know every corner of maya. A combination of skills is required and there are lots of different positions to fill. And like in any industry there are varying levels of achievement- not everyone can work for dreamworks, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get a job. I don’t see him say anywhere that you shouldn’t try to be the best you can at what you do. That seems like a realistic and encouraging thing to say to someone who is trying to get started.

So since you are such the proponent of excellence in draftsmanship I wanted to see your work. But when I looked you up all I found were posts requesting tutorials. Search for arran and you will find nothing but models that evidence his ability to draw. Hmm. How ironic. And isn’t it interesting how you went from being in charge of hiring to being on a board with something to do with hiring, like, once?

Thanks for the laugh, savnac.
user added image

summer challenge 2008 WIP

Last edited by luckycat; 03-04-2008 at 02:22 AM.