Thread: Warrior
View Single Post
# 135 03-01-2007 , 05:30 PM
Subscriber
The one I was inclinded to use is the middle one. When using SSS I am always concerned that I am using too much. Its very hard to conctrol. The moment one changes the type of rendering one has to change all the parameters...its a pain to control. Anyways, here is the shading network.
It has the mentalray texture node connected to the light map, etc...there is a Mib Ambient node attached to a multiplier node and a texture map for the overall color of the SSS shader, I did that for when i was not using FG to fake it. It worked well. With FG I dont need to have that Mib Amb in there, but its not hurting anything, so I just left it.

A couple of interesting things...

1) the filter size hight and width in the mentalray texture node is 1800 by 800 (as oppossed to the traditional 1280-480). The reason for this is that I was not getting good resolution and there were some artifcats. Raising the filter size fixed this.

2) in FD I checked the "view (Radii in pixes size) to get better definition. The Min radious is 1 and the max radious is 6.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Minstrel; 03-01-2007 at 05:36 PM.