View Single Post
# 9 17-06-2009 , 07:25 AM
Subscriber
Hah - yea i could have learnt the software for free however it doesnt teach you how to design a level or get you to ask an expert exact questions your having problems with. As the kismet system can be very tricky.

I actually highly recommend the course. Waylon Brinck is the instructor and he is really good with feedback and teaching you how to make the level believable he has also given loads of info on how to get into the industry. He is a technical art director on an unannoucned EA Games title in LA so has loads of usful info tips and tricks that lots of other people wouldnt have as well as a really good contact for the future.

The only thing missing from the course is how to make game assets but its into to unreal not intro to environment art.

Anyway - I think i may actually make both (using the movie as a reference) - starting with the Vogon Washroom as everything is boxy and grimey (everything is cubes!!). The contrast to this is the ship, SS Heart of Gold, which is all circles and white / clean and futuristic and i think harder so will leave it to last user added image.

Last edited by bigtommyb; 17-06-2009 at 07:28 AM.