Thread: Fur Question
View Single Post
# 1 21-05-2009 , 10:10 PM

Fur Question

Okay guys, I am technically not a newbie but rather oldschool, but I have not used Maya for years and years and just now came back to the lovely "scene".

To update myself I am building my apartment with all that entails and trying to remember everything. I gave my girlfriend a teddybear which I am now working on recreating but have some serious problems with the fur.

I cant remember anything and the little I remember of the fur function does not really work as I want it to. I rarely ever used it previously so I did not really care.

Problem is that I have the teddybear and when trying to apply fur to it, either specific face or the entire thing ONLY ONE FACE gets the fur.. Why?

I've been reading the online documentation and its pretty straightfoword and this is neither getting mentioned and there is no solution to it. I even dusted of some old books to try to find the problem but my ignorance is clearly to much.

I included a picture of a mockup so you can see the problem. In this render I choose the ENTIRE thing to be furred but only the FRONT faces got fur, if I chose ANY of the other faces (instead of the entire poly) I get the exact same thing, no difference.

Best Regards
L

Attached Images