Thread: Music Video
View Single Post
# 4 09-04-2011 , 09:42 AM
DangerDave80
Thanks guys, I actually expected much worse criticism than that so thats cool!user added image

I actually agree with everything you said, and its some great advice so thanks for that. We actually formed as a group of 5 around 2 months ago and we all had some beginners knowledge of modeling in Maya. In that space of time though we had to learn how to rig, bind and animate which was no easy task as we all had no experience at all in animation. Our 3D teacher actually told us that to even produce a prototype in such a short amount of time was near enough impossible at our level and he was totally blown away when we presented it to him!user added image

Actually, what you pointed out with the shadows on the stage is a good point and i think il put that to the rest of the group. The animation is really basic but I think that now I understand the basics, the next project I do should be a lot better! I hope!user added image

I think in terms of lighting etc, we did cut a few corners and that is aparent, the main issue we had was render time as the Uni computers shit down after a certain amount of time so some quality was comprimised. Also the city was modelled by another member of the group and had around 10 million polygons so was a complete nightmare to render.user added image

Seriously though guys I really appreciate the comments, and like I say, It would be kind of cool to look back after a while and see how much i progress!

Cheers

This train is insane!!