View Single Post
# 98 09-12-2005 , 03:58 AM
Thanks for all the comments. I'm working on the Yamaha bike right now, so I won't be able to render any more scenes with this model for a couple of weeks, but when the bike's finished I'd like to render a side-by-side of the two.

Indogo 2000, to manage any project like this you've got to use the layer manager extensively, or you'll drive yourself crazy trying to select objects. Every time I finish a decent portion I'll make a new layer, that way you can right click on the layer that contains your object and choose for instance "select objects assigned to layer" if you want to work on that object. I'll have one layer for a seat, one for a door, one for the hood, one for the windshield etc. and work from there. You always want to stay organized either with the hypergraph (which I use) or the outliner. Delete unused nodes as you work, that way your scene will stay as compact and efficient as possible.

Twisteddragon, I'm glad it helped. I love cylindrical objects because they are so easy to make with good use of the duplicate tool. Here's a set of rims I made a while back (in NURBS) That only took about an hour to make. Symmetry is your friend in these types of objects.

Attached Thumbnails