View Single Post
# 9 07-01-2007 , 08:37 AM
*winces*
While I applaud your desire to have a 'clean' model (or rather, to make sure everything is either in triangles or quadrilaterals), I'm afraid your making a bit of a mess of it. Usually (or, well, this is how I do them, unless someone knows better) things should traverse to a single midpoint, either for the entire face, or along a single edge. For example, the largest face, for the 'foot' sholud have all the division edges meet at a midpoint along the base, and then split the underside. Yes, that gives you a few extra faces, but it makes the geometry a little more... 'natural', maybe? Also, if at all possible, you should try to avoid carrying more than the absolutely necessary number of divisions across an edge. If you look at the half-circle at the front of the face, you're carrying all of your division lines to the outside of the next face - combine them to the midpoint of the first line - this should save you a number of faces. Oh... and one more thing.... you've missed a couple of faces that have more than four sides....

Book Wise

https://X4nd5r.deviantart.com